India has been holding on to the classic and slightly complicated visa procedure, but it has suddenly got easier for some nationalities who can obtain a visa on arrival. Visitors with the only purpose of recreation and tourism in India and holding a passport for any of the countries below may use visa on arrival:
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands
- Niue Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Korea
- Solomon Islands
Please note that nationals of countries not listed above have to apply the normal way.
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
Please find more information and apply for ETA on: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html.
Please visit www.incredibleindia.org to find out about this amazing and mesmerizing destination.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!